free hit counter script

Sunday, December 25, 2005

Moving To The City?

So I am seriously considering moving to the city. Yes, it is crowded, expensive and it's gonna be a long commute to work. And yes this means I will have to get a roommate if I wanna live in a decent place without spending all my paycheck on rent. I think its gonna be worth it though. Like a coworker of mine says its a better value for your time where value is fun/goodtimes/blast however you wanna define it. I have been living in the peninsula for over a year now since I moved from LA. There is really not much to do there like any suburb area. Everything closes early (i.e 11 the latest) and most of the population is either much younger (high-school and younger) or much older (parents of the high-school kids) . Even though I live only 15 miles away from the city, it's still not very convient. I have to worry about driving, getting stuck in traffic (45 min drive on average), finding parking or being tied to the subway schedule. More importantly its different being an outsider than someone who actually lives there. When you are coming from the outside you don't have much time to spend. So you tend to go to places you already know with friends you knew from before. You don't get to explore or meet new people. I could ramble on and on about this but I think now would be a good time for me to experience living in the city. So when am I gonna move? Depends on how early I could get out of my current lease which does not end till summer. Hopefully, I will be able to move earlier than that.