free hit counter script

Thursday, September 15, 2005

To Blog or Not To Blog

I have been thinking about having a blog for a while. Infact for about few month now. My main motivation was to have a way for family and friends back home to know what's going on in my life in some detail. Also, I thought it's a good way to organize/archive my thoughts and polish my writing skills. What I originally had in mind was creating my own blog from scratch: writing all the scripts myself, the UI design, photoshop editing and so forth. That sounded like alot of work which turned me off from the idea for that long. I was reluctant to go with the ready-to-use blogs like this one. It did not sound elegant or flexible enough and was simply an easier solution. However, after thinking this over, I realized that I am too lazy to write my own website and probably the time spent developing it could be better spent doing something else. So, now I am all set with this blogger experimenting with the blogging idea in general to see how it's gonna work.